Good morning to all.
We hope that you are all staying safe. Advisory Board staff continues to work remotely. Below is an update on ongoing activities impacting our communities.
Advisory Board: Expediting the Budget Review Process
- Both staffs of the Advisory Board and MWRA continue to develop a plan to mitigate proposed increases to communities for FY21.
- We realize that this year, more than ever, communities need their MWRA assessments as early as possible in order to develop their budgets.
- With this in mind, the Advisory Board is accelerating our upcoming meeting schedule.
- The Executive Committee has been rescheduled to April 30th at 10:00 AM to discuss and vote on Advisory Board Package of Recommendations on the Community Loan Assistance Program, as well as the FY21 proposed CEB, which will assist MWRA communities. (Click here for agenda.)
- The Full Advisory Board will remotely meet on May 4th at 10:00 AM to discuss the package of recommendations brought forward by the Executive Committee. (Click here for legal notice.)
- MWRA is in the process of rescheduling their Board of Directors meeting for the first week of May.
Financial Impacts of COVID-19
- Raftelis on behalf of AWWA and AMWA developed a report that outlines the sobering impacts on water utilities. (Click here for the report.)
- Boston Business Journal outlines conditions as taxes evaporate. (Paywall; click here to access.)
- Mr. Laskey sent the update out to all employees last week. (Click here to access.)