Goal: Create environment that allows opportunities for pro-ratepayer legislation to be enacted.
In a January 2017 report, MA Auditor Suzanne Bump called for a “more holistic” approach to meeting water infrastructure needs in the Commonwealth.
A video overview of the history and importance of watershed management in the MWRA’s waterworks system.
Once you blur the difference between watershed lands and recreational parkland, you have ultimately eliminated your natural water protection filter.
In a January 2017 report, MA Auditor Suzanne Bump called for a “more holistic” approach to meeting water infrastructure needs in the Commonwealth. read more
The Green Sheet is a monthly video series that focuses on financial topics. The question staff asked was what to do if we had a great topic for a video that wasn’t financial in nature? Voila, the Just the FAQs video series was created. The inaugural episode outlined the role and responsibilities of the Advisory Board, followed by other editions. Unlike the regular Green Sheet, this series was intended to be used on an as-needed basis.
The latest edition of Just the FAQs takes on the topic of watershed management, explaining the history and the importance of watershed protection in the MWRA waterworks system. As always, we hope you find these videos informative and helpful.
FY 2016 Q2 Goals
- Restore Debt Service Assistance through the Legislature (Governor vetoed)
FY 2016 Activity
- Green Sheet provides overview of Economic Development Report
- Met with UCANE staff to discuss opportunities for partnering on getting economic development message out.
- Successfully restored Debt Service Assistance through Legislature.
- Met with Secretary of Housing and Economic Development to discuss economic benefits of water/sewer infrastructure investment.
- Met with Speaker DeLeo regarding override of Governor Baker’s veto of Debt Service Assistance (successfully able to override).
- Commonwealth provided $3 million for state contribution to Hatchery Pipeline construction costs.
- $1.1 million included to House/Senate conference committee for Debt Service Assistance.
- Presented Legislator of the Year awards.
- Began outreach with MWRA Legislative Caucus.
- Reviewed FY16 State budget.
- Announced Legislator of the Year selections.
- Legislative Package approved by Advisory Board
- Legislature provided $1.25 million in DSA
- Legislature enacted Infrastructure Bill
- 50/50 Entrance Fees
- $50 million increase in SRF Bonding Cap
- Zero interest and principal-forgiveness loans
- I/I reimbursement
February through present
- Active member Infrastructure Finance Committee
- Testified before State Bonding and Natural Resources Committee
- Released Economic Development Report
- Presentation before 495 Partnership