Goal: Create environment that allows opportunities for pro-ratepayer legislation to be enacted.
Our latest edition of Just the FAQs examines the issues surrounding MWRA pellets.
This August 2017 edition of News and Notes features a recap of this year’s field trip: a Boston Harbor boat cruise focused on environmental and economic change. The weather was excellent and the speakers unparalleled.
This July 2017 installment of News and Notes features a timeline of Debt Service Assistance through the legislative process.
This May 2017 installment of News and Notes highlights the Advisory Board’s recommendation for a 3.19% rate increase for FY18, down from the Authority’s 3.79% recommendation.
This April 2017 edition of News and Notes brings the focus back to watershed management, and what we believe to be the necessary steps going forward.
This installment of News and Notes for January 2017 talks about giving the communities a voice.
In a January 2017 report, MA Auditor Suzanne Bump called for a “more holistic” approach to meeting water infrastructure needs in the Commonwealth.
A video overview of the history and importance of watershed management in the MWRA’s waterworks system.
In this October 2018 edition of News and Notes, we announce that EPA Region 1 Administrator Alex Dunn will speak at our November 15 meeting. We also discuss: A WIFIA informational session in Boston on December 11, And a “Spaghetti Session” on December 7 for read more
In this July 2018 edition of News and Notes, we bid a fond farewell to Communications Director Matt Romero. We also welcome back Travis Ahern, joining the Advisory Board as Director of Policy and Finance. Other stories include: A reminder to sign up for the annual Advis read more
FY 2016 Q2 Goals
- Restore Debt Service Assistance through the Legislature (Governor vetoed)
FY 2016 Activity
- Green Sheet provides overview of Economic Development Report
- Met with UCANE staff to discuss opportunities for partnering on getting economic development message out.
- Successfully restored Debt Service Assistance through Legislature.
- Met with Secretary of Housing and Economic Development to discuss economic benefits of water/sewer infrastructure investment.
- Met with Speaker DeLeo regarding override of Governor Baker’s veto of Debt Service Assistance (successfully able to override).
- Commonwealth provided $3 million for state contribution to Hatchery Pipeline construction costs.
- $1.1 million included to House/Senate conference committee for Debt Service Assistance.
- Presented Legislator of the Year awards.
- Began outreach with MWRA Legislative Caucus.
- Reviewed FY16 State budget.
- Announced Legislator of the Year selections.
- Legislative Package approved by Advisory Board
- Legislature provided $1.25 million in DSA
- Legislature enacted Infrastructure Bill
- 50/50 Entrance Fees
- $50 million increase in SRF Bonding Cap
- Zero interest and principal-forgiveness loans
- I/I reimbursement
February through present
- Active member Infrastructure Finance Committee
- Testified before State Bonding and Natural Resources Committee
- Released Economic Development Report
- Presentation before 495 Partnership