Check out this month’s edition of News and Notes to learn more about:
- The MWRA Board of Directors approving a 3.4% Combined Assessment for the FY16 Current Expense Budget
- The MWRA/Advisory Board 30th Anniversary Reunion
- The Advisory Board’s Annual Field Trip – Save the Date – August 20, 2015
The June 3, 2015 Board Discussion Highlights and Voting Summary features discussion on the following topics and more!
- Advisory Board and MWRA Budget Presentations to the Committee of the Whole
- Approval of Memorandum of Understanding change in the recommended water fluoridation dose from the Centers for Disease Control
Additional background and MWRA staff summaries for all topics can be found here.
In recognition of our thirtieth anniversary, we are proud to release this “snapshot” as our second Just The FAQs video. Intended as a companion to the first video in this series (“Who We Are“), this video delves more deeply into the actions, activities, and successes of the Advisory Board over the last thirty years.
The Advisory Board is thrilled to kick off a new informational video series entitled “Just The FAQs,” which will address complex topics and frequently asked questions relevant to MWRA Communities. For our inaugural video, we are addressing the most basic question of all: “Who is the MWRA Advisory Board?”
In it, we make a clear distinction between the mission and role of the Advisory Board versus the mission and role of the MWRA, and provide a quick overview of the ways in which we advocate for communities and ratepayers and ensure accountability for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority’s spending and operations.
Also, check back this Thursday when our companion video “A 30-Year History” will be released and will feature a much more detailed account of the Advisory Board’s major accomplishments since being established.
The Advisory Board’s Integrated Comments and Recommendations on the MWRA’s Proposed FY16 CIP and CEB are here! Click the image of the document (right) to access the dedicated page for the PFY16 review including:
- The Green Sheet video overview of the Adv. Board’s financial CEB recommendations
- Individual chapters of the document for download
- The entire interactive e-document. This combined version features live hyperlinks that jump to the pages referenced and even link to external web content referenced in the document. Easy to read on both your computer and the tablet of your choice!
Check out this month’s edition of News and Notes to find out:
- What beaches in Massachusetts were found to be cleaner than beaches in Miami, Santa Monica and even Honolulu?
- How much of a reduction is the Advisory Board recommending on MWRA’s FY16 rate assessments?
- How can I reserve tickets to the MWRA/Advisory Board 30th Anniversary Reunion later this month?